Job ID 8642
SCR Mining and Tunnelling is known for its ability to offer complete mining solutions and the highest quality services in the mining industry. We believe that a high-quality workforce is the only way to achieve high quality work!
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our customers.
** SCR has currently secured a ONE YEAR project in the Sudbury basin for which we are seeking experienced Licensed Electricians and Lead Hand Electricians. See below for a brief overview of the position and the competitive compensation package**
The Electrician performs a full range of assignments including new installations, maintenance and repair to existing wiring, electrical systems, and electrical components.
The following is a list of duties relating to this position. These may be adjusted by your manager when required by the project. Your safety will always be our priority with all assigned tasks:
- Follow all established policies, procedures, and best practices as well as industry specific regulations
- Always be physically and mentally fit for work
- Work with voltages 120/240V, 600V 4160V, 18.8 KV
- Install high voltage stress cones and splices
- Build racks with starters and disconnects
- Build switch rooms, sumps, Refuge Stations, 13.8KV switch gear
- Install cable into bore holes and shafts
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement, or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Education: a high school diploma or equivalent, completion of a formal 4- or 5-year apprenticeship program. Registered with the College of Trades. Requires Ministry modules U0000, U0001, U0002 & U0012.
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of previous experience with valid Electrical License (309A – Construction and Maintenance)
- Since wires are colour-coded, good eyesight and colour vision are vital
- Knowledge of computerized machinery and efficient with hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications
- Experience working in an underground mine
- Positive attitude with the ability to lead a team in a collaborative manner
- To be considered for the LEAD HAND position, you must have previous experience as a leader and/or supervision.
Compensation Package & Benefits
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Program
- Pension Plan
- Employee Safety Recognition Program
- Employee Loyalty Recognition Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
For projects in the Sudbury, Ontario area, schedule consists of shift work including weekend work.
SCR Mining and Tunnelling is fully committed to abiding by all equal opportunity employment standards. Our employment policies strictly prohibit all forms of discrimination on any of the grounds in relevant laws. All our employment practices are solely based on individual merit and our organization’s needs at the time.
Deadline for submitting resumes is October 30th, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.