Job ID 2266
Total Personnel Solutions is looking for a Licensed Truck and Coach or Automotive Mechanic, or Heavy Equipment Mechanic to work in an assembly shop for a local Sudbury client.
The Assembly Mechanic is responsible for using hand tools and equipment to assemble parts, components, and fabricated metal products in the assembly of heavy mobile mining equipment according to engineering schematics. This individual ensures quality products are being produced while maintaining a safe, clean, and productive work environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform heavy mobile mining equipment assembly according to engineering drawings.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and written instructions to assemble the parts or products.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
- Rotate to various work cells as required.
- Follows scopes of work within time constraints to meet established daily assembly production targets and delivery targets.
- Perform final checks on installation, repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting products as required to ensure products meet global quality standards. Ensure all log books are maintained according to standard operating procedures.
- Complete any required assembly documentation.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Licensed in Truck and Coach or Automotive Mechanic or pursuing license in Heavy Duty Equipment, Minimum of three (3) years’ experience.
- Mining industry-specific equipment experience an asset.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules including nights.
- Ability to read mechanical assembly blueprints.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
Contract to permanent. Competitive wages, Apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sudbury, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person