Job ID 2931
Job Title: Cohort Leads (20)
Project: Electrifying the Future, Goodman School of Mines, Laurentian University in partnership
with MIRARCO Mining
The “Electrifying the Future Project” is a bilingual (English/French) project that aims to bring
awareness to students about post-secondary programs that lead to jobs and services across the
electric vehicle supply chain from mineral exploration all the way to the automotive and mobility
industry. In its first phase, a rigorous marketing campaign will help to change perspectives and
bring awareness to a variety of career options in this industry.
Two weeks of free summer day camps from July 17-21 and July 31-August 4th, 2023 will be
offered for students in grades 6-9. STEM and non-STEM lessons and activities will be
delivered at three locations (Laurentian University, Cambrian College and Collège Boreal), along
with a one-day field trip to 3 local businesses (Epiroc, Technica Mining, and Laurentian
You and 3 other cohort leads will participate in the weeklong summer camps alongside camp
participants and provide assistance to campers to complete the lessons and activities,which will
be led by instructors. Training and resources will be provided to help you successfully complete
Duration: 4 weeks beginning July 4th, 2023
Camp Preparation Weeks (2) – 6 hrs/day – weeks of July 4th and 10th – MON-FRI :
Camp weeks (2) – 9 hrs/day – weeks of July 17th & July 31st – MON-FRI : 8:00AM – 5:00PM
– Lead a student camper cohort through activities and event throughout the summer camp
– Participate in summer camp activities alongside a cohort of grade 6-9 students.
– Assist Content Leads to deliver lessons and activities.
– Assist camp participants to complete lessons and activities.
– Lead camp participants and deliver a “Careers in the Automotive Industry” activity
during the field trip day.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Students currently completing High School (grades 10-12) or a College/ University
degree who are interested to learn more about:
– Battery Electric Vehicles
– The Automotive Industry
– The Mineral Resources Industry
– Students who are hired will show demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and
an interest in the subject matter of the camps and tours.
– Demonstrated leadership experience.
– Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
– No criminal record and willing to have a Criminal Record Check .
– Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel,) and/or GoogleDocs/sheets.
– Ability to travel to and from camp locations (Laurentian University, College Boreal,
Cambrian College) is required.
– Bilingual (English/French) preferred.
How to apply: Please email your Cover Letter, Resume, and the names & contact info for three
references AS ONE PDF document with the file saved with the naming format
“firstname_lastname_Application” with an email subject line: “ETF Student Cohort Position –
LastName”, addressed to Goodman School of Mines and send to
[email protected] by June 2nd, 2023
We are grateful to all of those who take the time to apply, however, only candidates selected for
an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2023