Job ID 2785
Workforce Planning for Sudbury & Manitoulin (WPSM) is a community-based, not-for-profit corporation. It is one of 26 Workforce Planning Boards in the Province of Ontario, funded by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development (MLITSD).
WPSM is a trusted community partner serving Greater Sudbury and the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. WPSM analyzes labour market data, conducts local research and consultations, and provides insights into current and future workforce trends. This includes informing local industry, education and community stakeholders on local labour market issues to support workforce development, training, economic growth, and prosperity.
The primary role of the Project Coordinator position is to assist the Executive Director in meeting the deliverables of the organization. This includes assisting in the planning and execution of labour market-related projects/programs and research. This position is also responsible for assisting with operational and administrative functions and reports directly to the Executive Director.
This is a fulltime contract position until March 31, 2024 with possible one-year renewal (based on ministry funding). Proficiency in English and French is required.
- Labour Market Research/Reporting 50%
- Operations 30%
- Administrative 20%
Labour Market Research/Reporting:
- Assist with stakeholder outreach within the communities served by WPSM to research, consult, validate, and promote labour market information.
- Gather labour market-related data through well developed research projects and data from other reputable sources to support the work of WPSM.
- Assist with coordinating regional consultation meetings to gather labour market intelligence, identify local workforce trends, opportunities, and priorities, to support local labour market solutions.
- Write reports based on an analysis of research findings and local consultations.
- Collaborate and assist with WPSM projects as assigned.
- Collect and report on mandated project results throughout the fiscal year as required.
- Assist with planning and coordination of WPSM events and execution of projects.
- Manage the contents of the website (including the job board) and social media content.
- Interact with community stakeholders and liaise with their various representatives.
- Assist in facilitating community partnership development including the participation, facilitation, and coordination of public speaking events and community activities or forums.
- Support the Executive Director with reports as required regarding ministry deliverables.
- Ensure proper file management and adherence to privacy and confidentiality.
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support to the office including general inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Proofreading and editing documents, reports, and other materials.
- Implementing the policies and goals of WPSM and the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Executive Director with various aspects of project planning, budgeting, and government deliverables.
- Coordinate and attend Board and other committee meetings and accurately transcribe minutes as required.
- Ensure all invoices are recorded, provided to the bookkeeper, processed, and filed.