Job ID 1006
Weaver, Simmons LLP is seeking an Associate to join our Litigation Department at our Sudbury office. As an Associate Lawyer of Weaver Simmons, you will advise and assist with a variety of plaintiff and defendant civil litigation matters relating to insurance law, commercial law and personal injury. The individual would be working closely with our Litigation Lawyers and representing clients with confidentiality and integrity.
- Responsible for legal matters assigned.
- Work closely with the Litigation Department to identify needs, advice and counsel clients.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of litigation matters.
- Analyze complex situations and data to determine risks and impacts related to the matter.
- LLB degree, JD, similar law degree, or equivalent.
- Authorized to practice law in Ontario, with experience in private practice or in an in-house team in Ontario
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple time constraints effectively.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate cohesively within a legal team.
- Experience with plaintiff and defendant litigation is an asset. The experience should include insurance law, commercial law, personal injury and accident benefits.
- Familiarity with PCLaw is an asset.
Weaver, Simmons LLP offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package, and a commitment to a long-term working relationship.