Job ID 911
Perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. Process business transactions, including payroll, accounts receivable and payable, disbursements, and receipts. Ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- This position requires a self-motivated individual who has the ability to manage conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Process payroll in a timely manner. Process new employees, ensuring all paperwork is received and input into accounting program. Review timesheets and input into accounting program. Process weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees – calculating pay, deductions and taxes; issue checks. Process personnel changes and make appropriate adjustments to the payroll system.
- Issue invoices to customers. Post revenues by verifying and entering transactions. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly. Post customer payments by recording cheques and direct deposits and making bank deposits.
- Review vendor statements to ensure that we are in receipt of all invoices and that any outstanding invoices and credits are investigated and resolved.
- Process accounts payable invoices and cheque requisitions for payment. Verify that appropriate supporting documentation is provided. Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices such as invoice discrepancies and proper supporting documentation.
- Participate in general office duties such as filing, administrative duties, reception, answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate person.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Business Administration Accounting Course
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- Complete tasks promptly and timely
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Health Benefits
- Group RRSP/DPSP
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. This individual may be required to work outside of these hours.